In response to rising COVID-19 cases in Nepal, doTERRA sent emergency supplies to aid in relief efforts throughout the country. The donation included six oxygen concentrators and nearly 1,000 emergency kits, as well as doTERRA On Guard Sanitizing Mist and Sanitizing Hand Wipes.
Members of the Utah Air National Guard loaded the supplies, along with additional lifesaving equipment and humanitarian supplies from other companies and organizations, aboard a KC-135 bound for Kathmandu. From there, the donations will be distributed in coordination with Nepal’s Ministry of Health and Population.
doTERRA sources several oils from Nepal, including Wintergreen and Spikenard. Together with our Co-Impact Sourcing partners, we have been very active in facilitating supply chain improvement and sustainability programs.
doTERRA social impact initiatives in Nepal include:
- Providing urgent PPE and medical supplies to three rural hospitals in 2020
- Assisting with the construction of two hospitals in Makwanpur and Ramechhap
- Funding a water supply system that provides potable water for families and schools
- Supporting in the construction of several earthquake-proof schools
- Constructing a Veterinary and Agricultural lab