On November 26, 2019, a 6.4 magnitude earthquake struck Albania. Over 2,000 individuals were injured and 52 killed in this disaster that directly affected 30,000 people. Additionally, many buildings were destroyed and the damages were innumerable, especially among the areas of Kurbin and Shijak.
A joint partnership brought aid from YSB Balkans, doTERRA, FILA, Caritas Albania and Centre Fara Miresie. The efforts of these organizations provided needed relief and support to the people of Albania. Their humanitarian work consisted of the building of shelters and providing urgent basic health needs such as medicine, clothes, food.
The total amount of contributions, both cash and in-kind, brought in by the partners reached $89,873 USD.
Here is the support by the numbers:
- 1,136 people supported by the joint partnership project
- 619 people were supported with emergency materials
- 393 individuals were given physical and mental health support
- 120 families received materials to cover their basic needs
- 24 families received shelter and winterization support